If you've never been on a campervan trip before, you probably have a lot of questions! Not to worry - we have put together a list of the most common questions we get. Read through and see if you can find the answer you're looking for. If not, you're welcome to get in touch with our friendly team!
DOES JUCY ACCEPT DIGITAL DRIVERS LICENCES?
JUCY accepts Digital Drivers Licences in the issuing states of NSW & SA for base-to-base hires only. This will only be accepted if we can verify the validity of the Digital Licence at these locations.
If you’re travelling interstate, you must present a valid physical (plastic) drivers’ licence.
We recommend all customers carry a copy of their physical licence in conjunction with their digital licence.
DRIVERS LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
JUCY accepts drivers 18 years and over who hold:
- A Full Driver Licence in English
- An Australian Green P Plate (P2) Licence. Please check out our Terms & Conditions for more information, we do NOT accept Learners Licence or any probationary Licences, including a Red P Plate or a P1 Licence.
- Please click on each state for the rules and regulations - NSW, VIC, QLD
If the Licence is not in English, then you will need an International Driver Permit or a Certified Translation of the home country Driver Licence. This must accompany the home country Driver Licence. Click here to get a quote to translate your licence.
For drivers between 18-20 an underage driver surcharge will apply for rentals on cars and will be quoted at the time of booking.
CAN I CHECK-IN ONLINE?
You sure can! Just click on our link here and if you need extra encouragement, check out our top 9 reasons why you should be checking in online.
WHERE CAN I CAMP IN AUSTRALIA?
There are some great options for staying in your JUCY camper in Australia. You can check out holiday park options on the Big4 site here to see where you can stay in your JUCY wheels.
Although freedom camping is possible in some parts of Australia we recommend you stay in a holiday park. Council laws prohibit free camping on the side of the road near towns and cities and it can be tricky without a lot of planning to know where the free sites are.
FREEDOM CAMPING IN AUSTRALIA?
Freedom Camping (i.e. camping in public places) is allowed in some parts of Australia. However, you will find that there are also large number of clean and well-equipped campgrounds situated in amazing locations around the country. If you do decide to Freedom Camp, you need to ensure that you are in a designated free camping zone otherwise you will receive a large fine. Council laws prohibit camping in and around towns and cities unless you are in holiday parks, you are only permitted to stay overnight in overnight rest areas, national park campgrounds (for a small fee) and other regulated designated campsites. There’s a handy app called CamperMate that you can download which shows all free and paid camping areas and holiday parks in Australia, you can also buy a Camps Australia book which shows these along with road maps. Just remember to leave no trace of your visit when in campgrounds, throw your rubbish in bins provided or take it with you if there isn’t a bin.
WHAT IS THE MINIMUM HIRE PERIOD?
The minimum hire period changes depending on many factors, including, time of year, type of vehicle and customer demand level.
As you're going through the booking process, you may get a notification saying the minimum hire hasn't been met. This means you'll need to extend your trip or change your vehicle type.
DO I HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT TO HIRE FROM JUCY?
When you hire your wheels from JUCY, you have two options.
- Pay a 20% deposit at the time of booking to hold your wheels for the big trip and pay the rest on collection.
- Pay in full at the time of booking, one less thing to worry about on collection and gets you on the road faster!
CAN I USE A DEBIT CARD TO HIRE MY JUCY WHEELS?
Yes! Please ensure you have enough funds (up to $5000 for Risk taker) on your card to cover any related excess pre-authorisations and charges. If you are on StressFree or Stress Free Plus, we will hold $300 as a security bond to cover any infringements or charges that may occur whilst on hire e.g. Tolls, speeding fines, cleaning fees, camping fines etc. All excess & security bonds are pre-authorised on the debit card at the time of pickup. For further information, please refer to our Terms & Conditions.
WHAT EXCESS REDUCTION COVER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?
Our Excess Reduction covers you for all damage to the JUCY vehicle and Third-Party vehicles or property. However, like any cover, there are exclusions. To find out more about these exclusions, see section 11 of the Terms & Conditions.
If you choose to not have any excess reduction(Risk Taker), we will pre-authorize (hold) the full amount of the excess (up to $5000) as a bond on the day of pick up and this amount is auto-released between 48 hours to 7 days from the pre-authorization date from our end. However, it may take 7-30 days for the funds to show back up (depending on the bank/card provider).
If you have Stress Free or Stress Free Plus and use a Credit card for the booking, then you have no excess and no security bond. However, if you are using a Debit card, we will hold $300 as a security bond to cover any infringements and/or other charges (your vehicle excess will remain $0). This security bond will be pre-authorised on the debit card at the time of pickup.
WHEN WILL JUCY RELEASE / REFUND MY BOND?
Did we take (pre-authorize) a bond for your hire? If you haven't broken any JUCY T&Cs, please know that the bond we have held will automatically be released either 7 days after you've picked up or 48 hours after you've dropped off– whichever is the earliest.
You could notice it takes between 7 - 30 business days to show back up, which is all depending on your bank/card provider. Please note that once it's back safely in your bank it won't appear as a refund on your statement because it was only held as an authorisation. We appreciate your patience!
ARE THERE ADDITIONAL CHARGES IF I PAY BY CREDIT CARD?
Yes. A 2% fee applies for credit and debit cards.
WILL I BE CHARGED FOR THE KILOMETRES I DRIVE?
No! Just for you, your hire includes unlimited kilometres meaning you can go wherever the road takes you!
WHAT ADDITIONAL ITEMS DO YOU HAVE AVAILABLE FOR HIRE?
We have the following additional items available for hire:
- GPS Satellite Navigation: $10/day
- Camping chair: $18/hire
- Camping Table: $25/hire
- Roof Racks (only available from Melbourne Airport Branch & Sydney Airport Branch): $40/hire
- Child and Baby Seats: $40/hire
- AUX cord: $5/hire
- Car charging adaptor: $5/hire
Please note, all items are subject to availability. Let us know at the earliest available opportunity if you need something.
DO YOU HAVE BABY CAR SEATS FOR HIRE?
Yes we do, take care of your precious cargo by hiring the following from JUCY:
- Baby Seat - (6 months - 4 years / 9 - 18 kg / over 70cm) - rear & front facing
- Booster Seat - (4 years - 7 years / 14 - 36 kg / up to 140cm) - front facing only
These can be requested at the time of reservation. Please note they are subject to availability.
JUCY are all about safety, but it is your responsibility to ensure the child restraint is installed correctly.
By law, all children up to 7 years of age must be secured in the correct child car restraint according to their size and age. A child may stop using a child restraint once they turn 7 years of age or if their seated shoulder height is above the top mark of the restraint or their eye level is above the back of the booster seat.
DO YOU ALLOW ONE-WAY HIRES?
JUCY allows customers the flexibility to pick up and drop off the JUCY cars and campervans at any of our 7 convenient locations across Australia. The applicable one-way fee for your chosen vehicle and direction will get added as you put together a quote on our website. Please note, all one-way hires must be approved by JUCY and are offered subject to availability.
ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON WHERE I CAN TAKE MY CAR OR CAMPER?
We do not permit any vehicles on:
- Any unsealed roads (being a road not sealed with hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete).
- Fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks are also not permitted. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads to recognised commercial campgrounds.
CAN I TAKE MY JUCY WHEELS TO KANGAROO ISLAND?
Yes! We love Kangaroo Island - such a cool part of the world! Unfortunately, we don't have a branch there just yet...
In terms of travelling there, most of the roads are sealed however there are areas where the roads are unsealed and we have some rules you need to be aware of if you do take your JUCY wheels there. If you take your vehicle on any off-road activities or conditions, including on any unsealed road (being a road not sealed with a hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete) then our excess reduction cover does not provide cover should anything happen. Off-road conditions include: fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks. The only exception to this is reasonable use of access roads to recognized commercial campgrounds. To find out more, refer to the terms and conditions.
DO YOU ALLOW YOUR CAMPERS AT FESTIVALS?
Yes! We love to see JUCY campas at festivals, show your JUCY festival love by hashtagging your snaps #JUCYworld!
HOW DO I MAKE CHANGES TO MY BOOKING?
To make changes to your booking, including extending the return date, you will need to contact us by phone or email ([email protected]). Please note that any changes are subject to availability and approval by JUCY. Rates may also be re-calculated at the time of the amendment.
HOW DO I ADD AN ADDITIONAL DRIVER?
Good thinking - adding an additional driver allows you more time to see the stunning Australian scenery.
Any additional drivers must be present at the branch upon collection of the vehicle or have approval from JUCY’s res team that the driver has been added. JUCY’s res team can add an additional driver once they’ve received a copy of the front and back of the driver’s licence and passport.
Additional drivers are $2 per day, per driver. We keep this low for you as an additional driver makes for safer driving. It's worth noting that as per our excess reduction rules, all drivers must be named on the agreement before driving to be covered.
DO YOU OFFER ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE?
Yes! We sure do. We offer 24 hour roadside assistance, call us on 1800 150 850 select option 2 and then option 2 for assistance.
All Mechanical breakdowns are covered by JUCY's relevant Roadside Assistance program and include the following;
- Engine faults
- Electrical faults
- Cooling system
- Vehicle recovery
All Non-Mechanical breakdowns are subject to the relevant call out fees and are not covered by Stress Free Excess Reduction Cover, for example;
- Out of fuel / incorrect fuelling of the vehicle
- Wheels and tyres
- Keys being lost, broken or locked inside the vehicle
- Flat batteries
- A breakdown as a result of damage caused in an accident, including salvage
WHAT ARE JUCY'S CANCELLATION FEES?
The ever-changing times don’t mean you are stuck with an ever-changing policy. In fact, for booking direct, you’ve secured our "Book with Confidence" Cancellation Policy.
Please submit your cancellation request here.
Bookings made on and after 1 April 2023:
- If the booking is cancelled 22 days (or more) before the pickup date, then you will receive a full refund of the deposit, or any amount paid (not including any credit card administration fee).
- If the booking is cancelled between 1 – 21 days before the pickup date, 20% of the booking value is chargeable as a cancellation fee and the remainder of hire fees (if paid) will be refunded less any credit card fees.
- If the booking is cancelled within 24 hours of departure or the hirer does not collect the vehicle from the JUCY branch, then 100% of the booking value is chargeable.
- If you change the pick-up date within the cancellation time frames in (i) and (ii) above and then you cancel the amended booking; original cancellation fee will apply.
If your booking was made via a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss your options.
*If any Future Credit is applied: Credit must be used for travel within one year from the original pickup date, in the same country and must be booked under the same name as the original booking. New bookings/changes are subject to availability, new daily rate and booking conditions at the time of booking apply. Credit is non-transferable and new booking must be under the main hirer's name.
DO YOUR VEHICLES HAVE USB INPUT?
Condo: Yes, in rear
Mid Hatch: No
Compact SUV: Yes
WHAT VEHICLES CAN ROOD RACKS BE FITTED TO?
Most of our JUCY wheels can have roof racks fitted (subject to availability), except for the following: Crib+, Condo & Compass.
Roof racks should not be used to store any luggage, at any time - we'd hate for you to lose your socks on the highway!
DO YOU HAVE BIKE RACKS?
Unfortunately, we do not have bike racks available on our vehicles.
You are welcome to bring your own bike rack, however any damage caused by this to our vehicle, is not covered under our excess reduction cover.
AM I ALLOWED PETS IN MY VEHICLE?
We love animals and are trailling dog-friendly camper options.
Service animals, such as guide dogs and also pet dogs are allowed in all of our campers. Please let us know if you will be accompanied by a dog fur-baby when making your booking. The fee to add your dog in the camper is $299!
Some points to note:
- If your dog causes any damage to the camper because of negligence, it will be your responsibility, and it won't get covered under a liability reduction option.
- We kindly ask that all your furry friends are treated for fleas before coming aboard.
- While searching for campsites throughout your trip, ensure the campgrounds are pet friendly.
- Throughout your road trip, your dog must be properly restrained while travelling. Dogs are not allowed to move inside the driver's cabin or inside the vehicle while driving as they can be distracting.
WHICH VEHICLE CONNECTS TO 240V CAMPSITE POWER?
Need to power up? Our Condo has the option of a 240v mains campground hook up as well as a domestic dual 12v battery.
The Crib, Crib Plus, and Condo all have domestic dual 12v battery systems.
We cannot guarantee just how long the domestic battery will last - all you need is another JUCY adventure on the road, to charge it up again.
THE JUCY CAMPERVAN: WALKTHROUGH TOURS
Check out the show through videos of each of our campervans:
WHAT DOES MY CAMPERVAN RENTAL INCLUDE?
- Cutlery and dinnerware
- Kitchen equipment and utensils
- Linen, pillows and duvet
- Bath towels and tea towel
- Bucket and cleaning equipment
- Roadside breakdown assistance
- Unlimited kilometres
HOW DO I PAY FOR THE ROAD TOLL?
If you travel on a toll road and incur any tolls, JUCY will charge the credit card details on the booking. You will be charged the tolls incurred and a service fee of $3.45 per toll.
The hirer is prohibited from using their personal E-tag or Account for toll charges.
Unfortunately, if infringements are incurred while you are in your JUCY wheels and these are not paid within the timeframe designated by the infringement authority, the issuing authority sends a notice to JUCY. We have to pass the notice onto a third-party to have the name on the notice changed from JUCY’s to yours. The third-party charges us an administration fee to process the change of name, we pass this onto you in addition to the fine amount.
WHAT IS THE UNPAID INFRINGEMENT PROCESS?
If you think you've incurred an infringement while you were out in your JUCY wheels, it's good to know our processes and any additional costs associated with the fine.
When JUCY receives an unpaid infringement notice from the relevant authority, it must be changed from our name into yours as you were the person who had the vehicle on hire from us at the time the fine occurred. This name transfer involves a third party who charge us a fee to make the change. We pass this charge, $60, onto you in addition to the fine amount. Following the name change, the infringement authority will then send out the unpaid infringement notice to the name and address held against the booking. This must be paid by the customer responsible.
Unfortunately, the infringement authority can take up to four months to process infringements. Once the infringement authority has processed the infringements, they are then sent to JUCY.
Should you wish to dispute the infringement fine, you must contact the authority that has issued the fine.
If you have already paid your infringement and have still been charged the $60 administration fee, then please send us a copy of your receipt to [email protected] and our team will look into this further. Please note that you must have paid the infringement before JUCY received the notice.
WHEN SHOULD I USE SNOW CHAINS?
JUCY is all about safety and we recommend you always carry snow chains in the ski season.
It is a legal requirement that all vehicles travelling The Great Alpine Road and entering Mt. Hotham Alpine Resort (VIC) must carry Diamond Pattern chains at all times during the declared snow season and must be fitted where directed. In accordance with State Law the Hirer can be fined for not carrying and fitting chains as directed
The Hoys Mt Hotham Snow Chain Service can fit your JUCY chains for a fee. This Mobile Service is located in the designated roadside chain fitting bays between Harrietville and the Mt. Hotham Village
It's super important to take note of warning signs and fit your chains as required, to keep safe and prevent the police issuing you a fine.
WHERE ARE YOUR BRANCHES LOCATED?
JUCY currently has seven branches around Australia:
- Adelaide Airport: 25-27 Kinkaid Ave, North Plympton SA 5037
- Car and campervan hire, with a free shuttle to and from the airport within office hours. Please note, the last shuttle leaves 30 min prior to closing time.
- Brisbane Airport: 771 Kingsford Smith Dr, Eagle Farm QLD 4009
- Car and campervan hire, with a free shuttle to and from the airport within office hours. Please note, the last shuttle leaves 30 min prior to closing time.
- Cairns: 55 Dutton St, Portsmith QLD 4870
- Gold Coast Airport: 71 - 77 Boyd Street, Tugun QLD 4224
- Hobart Airport: 1 Hawkesford Road, Cambridge, Hobart, TAS 7170
- Campervan hire, with a free shuttle to and from the airport within office hours. Please note, the last shuttle leaves 30 min prior to closing time.
- Melbourne Airport: 1 Silicon Pl, Tullamarine VIC 3043
- Sydney Airport: 286 Coward St, Mascot NSW 2020
HOW DO I USE JUCY AIRPORT SHUTTLE TRANSFERS?
Yes! We offer a free shuttle to and from the airport within office hours from the below branches. Please note, the last shuttle leaves 30 min prior to closing time.
Find your nearest JUCY shuttle pick up point using the links below, and once you're there, call the JUCY Shuttle free on (AU) 1800 150 850 or +64 9 374 4360
Instructions and directions for the shuttle transfer to your JUCY location:
IS THERE A PUBLIC HOLIDAY SURCHARGE?
Yes, if you are picking up/dropping off your JUCY wheels in Australia on any of the following days (or public holidays declared for these days), a $100 surcharge will be applicable.
- New Year’s Day - Sunday, 1st Jan 2023
- Day after New Year’s Day - Monday, 2nd Jan 2023
- Australia Day - Thursday, 26th Jan 2023
- Good Friday - Friday, 7th April 2023
- The day after Good Friday - Saturday, 8th April 2023
- Easter Sunday – Sunday, 9th April 2023
- Easter Monday - Monday, 10th April 2023
- Anzac Day - Tuesday, 25th April 2023
- Boxing Day - Tuesday, 26th December 2023
Please also note State Public Holidays:
- King's Birthday
- Sydney (NSW), Melbourne Airport (VIC), Adelaide (SA) – Monday, 12th June 2023
- Perth (WA) – Monday, 25th September 2023
- Cairns, Brisbane (QLD) – Monday, 2nd October 2023
- Labour Day
- Melbourne Airport (VIC) – Monday, 13th March 2023
- Cairns, Brisbane (QLD) – Monday, 1st May 2023
- Perth (WA) – Monday, 6th March 2023
- Sydney (NSW), Adelaide (SA) branches – Monday, 2nd October 2023
WHERE CAN I FIND THE JUCY TERMS & CONDITIONS?
If you’re hiring one of our cars or campervans you can see our full Terms & Conditions here.