Backpacker beef noodles
Just because you're on the road shouldn't mean that you need to live off basic and boring meals. Road trippers need proper food to fill their bellies and fuel their adventures. Through our series, 'Cooking In Campers', we hope to show you just some of the simple and delicious dishes you can make in the kitchen of your JUCY Camper.
BACKPACKER BEEF NOODLES
These saucy noodles with succulent beef and stir fried vegetables will satisfy any hungry backpacker! Quick, easy, and delicious!
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT:
READY IN: 35 MINS
- 2/3 cup of soy sauce teaspoons of olive oil
- 2/3 cup of beef stock
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of minced ginger
- 500g lean beef steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 packet of egg noodles
- ½ tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 cups of broccoli, chopped
- 1 ½ cups of cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- Sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, beef stock, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small mixing bowl.
- Add sliced beef to mixture, cover with cling film and, refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Boil water with a olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- While noodles are cooking, pour meat and marinade sauce into a saucepan. Stir-fry over medium heat until just browned.
- Sift cornflour into mix to thicken sauce.
- Add broccoli, carrot, cabbage and capsicum. Cover and cook until vegetables soften.
- When noodles are done cooking, drain and add to beef and vegetable mixture. Toss until noodles are coated in sauce.
- Top with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
This recipe was inspired by, and adapted from, this one originally published on Favorite Family Recipes