Fresh fish tangine for two
New Zealand is one of the greatest places to find fresh fish. Whether you're catching it yourself or heading to a local fishmonger, you can't go past some New Zealand seafood. Fish for trout in Rotorua and Taupo or reel in some snapper and tarakihi in the South Island! If your day on the water is less than fruitful, fish and chip shops will also sell you raw fish for you to cook up yourself.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
2 white fish fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1 small red onion, sliced
1 yellow capsicum, seeded & sliced
400g (1 standard can) chopped tomatoes
fresh coriander (optional, but so yum!)
1. In a covered pan, saute olive oil, cumin, chili and onion.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and capsicums and continue to simmer whilst covered until the capsicum is tender.
3. Cut the fish into bite-sized pieces and check for any bones the fishmonger may have missed!
4. Once the capsicum is tender, bury the pieces of fish into the sauce, season with salt and pepper and simmer in a covered pan until fish is cooked through.
5. Sprinkle fresh coriander over the pan, serve and enjoy!
Make sure you take a picture and show us your master creations! Tag #JUCYworld in Instagram to show us your epic camper van cuisines!
JUCY VEHICLES MAKE COOKING IN YOUR CAMPER SUPER EASY!