Shrimp tacos with mango salsa
Spicy shrimp tacos with mango salsa are the perfect end to a summer's day. Whether you've been chilling at Piha beach or whale watching in Kaikoura - tacos will always go down a treat! JUCY vehicles are all equipped with a spacious fridge to keep all of your ingredients fresh until it's time to cook. So even if you're in the middle of nowhere, you've always got what you need for a feast!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
FOR THE SALSA:
1 mango, chopped
½ red onion
1 garlic glove
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper
FOR THE TACOS:
1¼ pounds shrimp
1 tablespoon chili powder
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional)
yellow corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cabbage
salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, mix the chopped mango, red onion, garlic, jalapeno, lime juice, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In another bowl, toss the shrimp with chili powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
3. In a large pan, heat olive oil over a medium heat and saute the shrimp until cooked through. (Hint: shrimp should be pink when cooked after 4-5 minutes)
4. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Keeping the pan on a medium heat, place each tortilla in the pan for 1 minute per side until lightly browned.
5. Divide the cabbage up among the tortillas, top with cooked shrimp and finish with a spoonful of mango salsa.
6. Share your favorite road trip stories with your road trip buddies and enjoy your meal!
7. If you are super proud of your creation, take a pic and upload it to Instagram and use #JUCYworld. We love to see your camper van cooking creations!
There you have it! In under 30 minutes, you can be enjoying an awesome meal with your friends while the sun sets.