Wild berry dough dessert
Just because you're on the road shouldn't mean that you need to live off basic and boring meals. Road trippers need proper food to fill their bellies and fuel their adventures. Through our series, 'Cooking In Campers', we hope to show you just some of the simple and delicious dishes you can make in the kitchen of your JUCY Camper.
WILD BERRY DOUGH DESSERT
This berry dough dessert makes an ideal camping comfort food, warming the soul when it's cold!
HERE'S HOW TO MAKE IT:
READY IN: 40 MINS
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder
- 2/3 cups of caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 4 cups of frozen berries
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of water
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the flour. Using your clean hands, rub the butter into the flour until the flour resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the milk all at once and stir until the flour is just moistened. Handling the dough as little as possible, form into a ball. Set aside.
- Heat berries with ½ a cup of sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, water until boiling, stirring a few times so that the berries are well coated with the sauce.
- Once the berry mixture is boiling, tear off spoonful chunks from the dough ball and drop onto the fruit around the edges of the pot.
- Cover the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes (without peeking at the dumplings!).
- Plate up berries with dumplings and cream