Last updated 11 May 2022
Your privacy is important to us. This policy explains what personal information JUCY collects from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might share information with other people.
If you can’t find what you are looking for or have any concerns or feedback please email us at [email protected]. You can also write to us at: Privacy, JUCY Group (2020) Limited, PO Box 68199, Victoria Street West, Auckland, NZ, 1010.
JUCY needs to collect, use and share personal information about our customers to offer our customers the best possible experience and to keep our customers and employees, safe and secure.
“you” means you, our customer and/or any user of JUCY products, services and websites including additional drivers and passengers travelling with you and includes any employee, agent, or contractor of JUCY.
“we”, “our”, “us” and “JUCY” means JUCY Group (2020) Limited and its subsidiaries JUCY Rentals NZ (2020) Limited and JUCY Pty Limited and any other company controlled by JUCY Group (2020) Limited.
“personal information” refers to any information relating to you such as your name, date of birth, drivers licence, contact details, credit card details, passport, country of residence, travel preferences and special needs that you supply to us or is supplied to us.
If you make bookings or request products for other people, such as your family, friends, or employees, you must make sure you are authorised to give us their personal information. We will assume that you have their authorisation to do so.
HOW AND WHY DOES JUCY COLLECT, USE AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information so that we can provide you with the products you have requested from us safely and effectively. This is our main purpose for collecting your personal information. If you choose not to provide us with any personal information we require from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
COLLECTION AND USE
Below we explain in more detail the ways we collect and why we collect your personal information:
- Bookings: When you book a product, request a quote, pick up a vehicle or check in (including via https://portal.jucy.com/) we will ask you for the personal information we need to give you what you want. This may include your name, contact details (email, address and telephone number), date of birth, drivers licence, passport, payment information and information about you and other drivers or other people you are travelling with. We need this information to provide you with products and services you have booked and to carry out our obligations relating to contracts between us or between you any third party.
- CCTV: Where you see signs at any of our physical locations telling you that CCTV cameras are in operation, we are collecting CCTV footage of our employees and customers. We need this information to ensure the safety of our property and employees.
- Call recording: When you call any of our customer numbers, we may record the call. We record these calls for training and customer service reasons, quality control purposes, to help you and to meet our contractual obligations.
- Customer reviews: We may use your contact information to send you a short survey about your experience with us which will be sent by us or Customer Radar for JUCY Rentals customers customerradar.com. We also monitor and use customer reviews on review websites and social media. These help us understand and improve our service and products.
- Travel agents: We may also collect your personal information through trusted parties such as travel agents to provide you with the products and services you have booked and to carry out our obligations in relation to these bookings.
- Marketing activities: JUCY may also collect your personal information for marketing activities through marketing and analytical services. JUCY may use such personal information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- To contact you by email with information on our latest news, updates, special offers, discounts or promotions or competitions. You can opt out at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email.
- Based on the information you share with us, you may see personalised mobile apps or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- Competitions and promotions: If you enter any of our competitions and promotions, we may need to collect your personal information. This information will only be used with your consent.
- Market research: We sometimes ask our customers to take part in market research. Any additional personal details you give us as part of this research will only be used with your consent.
- Other communications: We may have to contact you by email, phone, or SMS, depending on the contact information we have for you, this could be:
- So, we can respond to and deal with your queries, complaints, or requests.
- So, we can deal with a damage claim which has occurred during your use of our products.
- If you have not finalised a booking online, we may email or call you to remind you to do so. We see this as a useful service because it lets you carry on with a booking without having to find the product again or fill in all the booking details from scratch.
- We may also send you other emails relating to your booking, such as where to pick up and information on contacting us if you need help.
- Public safety and fraud prevention: We may use personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities including preventing unsafe drivers from hiring vehicles.
- Improving our services: We use personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our websites.
- Debt collection: Collecting any debts you may owe us (we may also pass your details on to a third-party debt collection agency).
- Fines/tolls: To transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name we will send your personal information to fine and toll processing companies and/or the relevant local authority or government agency.
- Location data: JUCY may collect through global position system vehicle tracking and diagnostics (telematics) and other location information obtained from smartphones, tablets, sat-navs or other devices that monitor the vehicles current and previous geographic locations. This data is used to for the safety and security of our vehicle and to track the vehicle location, to understand and manage the location and security of our vehicle fleet and to assist with the management of accident or breakdown claims involving our vehicles.
- Vehicle-sourced data: We may collect information collected by data systems within a vehicle about its condition and performance (including mileage, fuel and other operational data) and operation of the vehicle, including your location, speed, time, fuel consumption and distances travelled. This information is used to understand and manage the performance of the vehicle.
- Damage claims: Processing any damage or excess reduction claims, insurance claims, fines, tolls, or penalties in relation to your use of our products or services.
- Training: For our staff, monitoring and improving our products, services, websites, applications, and devices and, and maintaining our systems.
- Research: We may from time to time aggregate and anonymise customer information to use ourselves or to provide to third parties for research, data analysis, statistical or other purposes.
- Public information: We may also collect and use personal information that is publicly available, for example through social media, public directories, or review websites. We use this information to improve our services.
- Employment applications: If you apply for a job with us, we will need some of your personal information as part of the process of working out if you are the right person for JUCY.
HOW AND WHY DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We share your personal information with third parties with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or to provide any product you have requested. These third parties (some of whom may be located outside of New Zealand) are:
Payment Express International Limited
Credit Card information
So we can process your payments
Alphabet Inc (google)
Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details, Browser, Location, Device and cookie information
So, we can identify you, provide the transactional information and marketing information to you
Hotjar Limited/ Log Rocket
Website clicks and cursor movements (no keystroke information)
So we can improve the user experience on our website
The Rocket Science Group LLC (MailChimp)
Name, Contact Details, Reservation Details
So we can email you confirmations and important information about your reservation or offers from JUCY
Rental Toll Manager
Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details
Only if you've been speeding or parking in the wrong place
GMH Systems PTY Ltd (Rental Car Manager)
Name, Contact Details, Identification Details, Reservation Details, Credit Card Information
So we can process your reservation for JUCY Australia or JUCY New Zealand
Road and Maritime Services NSW Australia
Reservation Details, credit Card information
So we can process any tolls you incur on toll roads in Australia
Customer Radar Limited
Name, Contact Details, Feedback Information
So you can tell us how we did
Name, Contact Details, any email communications we've sent to you
So we can have a conversation via email
Telemax Pty Ltd
So we can monitor vehicle performance & location to assist in emergency
More details about third parties we may need to share your personal information with:
- Other companies supplying you with products: To complete your booking or provide you with help we may need to send your personal information to third parties who provide ancillary products or services you have requested or need (for example ferry tickets, roadside assistance, towing companies, or local mechanics).
- Fines/tolls: We will send your personal information to the relevant local authority or governmental agency so we can transfer any fines, tolls or penalties we have received in relation to your vehicle hire into your name.
- Other companies controlled by JUCY: To support your booking and through your use of our products we may share you details within the JUCY corporate group to enable us to perform our obligations.
- Other people named in your booking: To assist them while using our products or amending a booking.
- Damage claims: To process any damage or excess reduction claims, insurance claims arising through your use of our products we may need to share your personal information with the Police or insurance companies.
- Driver safety: We may share your personal information with other rental vehicle providers in the same or similar industries and/or governmental agencies if we believe that it is in the interests of protecting public safety such as for dangerous driving or theft.
- Third party service suppliers: We use third party service suppliers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes described above. For example, we may use them to contact you, or to send booking information on our behalf, to manage aspects of our websites, call-centers, or marketing activities. We also work with third party information technology service providers (including “cloud” providers or other types of networked or electronic storage), market research or analysis tools, marketing and communications providers, fines and toll processing agents and payment service suppliers to facilitate payment. We also work with third party advertisement networks to market services on other platforms and involve third party suppliers for analytical purposes. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that all these third parties are bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those described above.
- Bill/invoice: If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that entity or person.
Competent authorities: Where the law requires or authorises us to do so (whether in NZ or overseas), we may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if required by law (or any regulation having the force of law). Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose you person information if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts.
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION – WHO/WHERE DO WE TRANSFER IT TO?
If we transfer personal information to another country, we will take appropriate measures to protect the personal information we transfer. By providing us with personal information, you consent to us transferring, storing, and processing personal information to countries worldwide.
WHAT SECURITY PROCEDURES DOES JUCY HAVE IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We store information in different ways, including paper and electronic form. We take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. To do this we:
- Use only secure servers.
- Use industry standard encryption for the transmission of personal information on our websites and storage of your credit card details which are used as security. When Your credit card details are handled in compliance with PCI DSS 3.2 standards and are encrypted and securely stored by Direct Payments Solutions Limited and Auric Systems International using SSL protocol to allow a secure connection between your internet browser and our internet server, using a private key to encrypt the information.
- Require any third-party suppliers we use to comply with global data protection legislation relevant to the services they are providing.
- Ensure that our employees and service providers only have access to the personal information they need to do their jobs.
- Require our employees to be aware of our privacy expectations and to respond to any privacy breach.
- Take guidance from security best practice and regularly update our security policies in line with new threats.
We will retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil our obligations to you, to protect our legal interests, to comply with a law or as otherwise stated to you when we collected personal information.
Once we are no longer required to retain personal information, we will endeavour to take reasonable steps to destroy personal information or to ensure that personal information is de-identified.
IT’S YOUR CHOICE - HOW TO ACCESS & CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us at [email protected]. To keep your information safe, we may ask for further information to confirm your identity. If you spot any mistakes in your personal information, please tell us (email the same address) so that we can correct the information.
You can “opt out” from:
- marketing and sales emails by clicking “unsubscribe” in any of these emails.
In some circumstances, you have the right to ask JUCY to stop using and/or delete your personal information. If you want to do this, please contact us at [email protected].
Our privacy officer can be contacted at: [email protected] or Privacy, JUCY Group (2020) Limited, PO Box 68199, Victoria Street West, Auckland, NZ, 1010 or 0800 399 736 (NZ toll free). Lodging a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the office of the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner if you feel your privacy has been breached. You can find more information on the complaint process here.
CHANGE IN POLICY
We may need to amend the terms of this Policy if our practices change. If we do so, we will post the updated version on our website (at www.jucy.com) and may also contact you via e-mail if the change is material.