The Compass Campervan
Whether you’re planning on a weekend road trip, a festival extravaganza, or to cross Australia on a bucket-list adventure, our Compass is the perfect ride.
The Compass is fully self-contained, thanks to its portable toilet and kitchen facilities. By day, you’re driving a minivan. By night it takes a hot minute to pop the super comfy rooftop tent, almost doubling your camper’s living space.
We also set you up with everything you need for a stress-free roadie. Bedding and towels are included, as is everything you need in the kitchen to whip up a campground feast. Sunrise breakfast burritos, anyone? Oh, and unlimited mileage, too!
Included with the vehicle
- Towels and tea towel
- All cutlery, dinnerware, and bowls
- Kitchen utensils, can opener and bottle openers
- Airport shuttle transfers
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- Unlimited mileage
- Bucket and cleaning equipment
- Kitchen utensils, plus can and bottle opener
- Frying pan, saucepan, and kettle
- Seats four
- Sleeps four
- Bench seats
- 50-litre compressor fridge
- Portable gas cooker
- Sink with tap and drain
- 49-litre fresh water tank
- 49-litre grey water tank
- Portable toilet
- Inside table
- Curtains on all windows
- Storage space under bench seats
- Reversing camera
- Cruise control
- Bluetooth stereo
- Power steering
- ABS brakes
- Air conditioning in the cabin
- Interior 12v lighting
- Dual 12v battery system
- Certified Self-contained (suitable for Freedom Camping)
- Duvets, pillows and sheets
- Towels and tea towel
- Cutlery, dishes and bowls
- Frying pan, saucepan and kettle
- Kitchen utensils as well as can and bottle openers
- Bucket and cleaning supplies
- Unlimited kilometers
- 24/7 Roadside assistance
- airport transfer
- GPS satellite navigation
- Camping table
- Camping chairs
- Snow chains
- Additional drivers
|4 x seatbelts
|4 (2 double beds)
|Custom-built interior 2018
|2 large, 2 small
|12v dual battery system
|Double bed 1.9m x 1.3m, Penthouse bed 1.9m x 1.3m
|Stress Free Plus
|Cost per day
|AA 24/7 breakdown assistance
|Glass & tyre cover
|Front/Back/Side panel damage
|Single vehicle rollover damage
|Roof/Rooftop pod & underbody damage
|Table & Chairs
|Claims administration fee
*If using a debit card, a $300 security bond is required even with Stress Free & Stress Free Plus.
- For hires of 51 days and over, a maximum of 50 days excess reduction premium will be charged.
- It is your responsibility to collect accurate third party details in the event of an accident, regardless of what excess reduction cover you have taken, and regardless also of fault.
- If Stress Free Plus excess reduction is not taken, and roof/rooftop pod damage or single vehicle rollover incident occurs, a charge of up to $5,000 will apply to cover damage to the JUCY vehicle and any third party vehicle and/or property.
- If Risk Taker excess reduction is chosen:
- A bond to cover the excess will be pre-authorised for security on the hirer’s credit card, even if you have alternative insurance with another provider.
- All or part of this bond will be claimed by JUCY in the event of an accident and will be retained until the value of the damage is determined. Any balance between the bond and the damage cost will be returned as soon as is practical.
- Any costs to repair damage caused by a third party may not be recoverable as insurance is not compulsory in Australia.
- If you are on Stress Free or Stress Free plus and don't have a credit card and are providing a debit card at the time of pickup, JUCY will hold a $300 security bond to cover any infringements and/or charges that may occur whilst on hire e.g. Tolls, speeding fines, cleaning fees, camping fines etc.
- JUCY’s excess reduction options are null and void if any of the Rental Agreement terms and conditions are breached, in which case you will be liable for the full cost of damage. For more information please see JUCY Ts & Cs.
- Please know that the bond we have authorized will automatically be released (if you haven't broken any JUCY T&Cs) either 7 days after you've picked up or 48 hours after you've dropped off– whichever is the earliest. You could notice it takes between 7 - 30 business days to show back up, which is all depending on your bank/card provider. Please note that once it's back safely in your bank it won't appear as a refund on your statement because it was only held as an authorisation.
Other camper options
Forge your own path in a JUCY Compass
Ready to ditch the tent and upgrade your camping experience? It’s easy when you rent a custom-built JUCY Compass. In fact, you’re in for the kind of surprise that makes Santa’s Christmas pressies look lame.
First up, you’ll notice the convenience of the JUCY Compass. Instead of wrestling with a tent (or finding out that your mate left the pegs at home), the set-up is fast. Even the penthouse, the camper’s rooftop bed, is popped up in under a minute.
Let’s not forget the comfort level upgrade! No camping mattress or inflatable airbed. The two bench seats inside the Compass convert to one double and the penthouse opens up for another spacious bed for two. The penthouse mattress is memory-foam, too!
In the boot, you’ll find our custom-designed kitchen. We’ve spent a good few years perfecting our campervan kitchens so you’ll find everything you need. Just start prepping your ingredients, as the kitchen is good to go. Clean-up is easy, too, with a sink to do your dishes.
Safety is key with our Compass; the vehicle comes with ABS brakes, power steering, cruise control, and reversing cameras. Plus, we added a lockbox for your valuables.
Find your True North: Our Pick for Compass Ready Road Trips
Is the JUCY Compass the campervan hire of your dreams? If you love a smooth ride, modern vehicle gadgetry, a great price, and a compact sized van to drive, then yes! Plus, it’s a 4-berth campervan, meaning no mates left behind on your epic Aussie road trip!
We’ve pulled together our fave mates' trips - from weekend getaways to a couple of epic ‘roadie of a lifetime’ itineraries - to help you plan. Read on.
Queensland’s Calling: Take an Epic Brisbane to Cairns Campervan Road Trip
Taking advantage of the #holidayherethisyear campaigns that Tourism Australia and local tourism boards are offering? Sweet! Looking to boost the economy and finally see the parts of Australia you thought could wait? Awesome! How does a 13-days (ish) road trip sound exploring the highlights along the (mainly) coastal route from Brisbane to Cairns?
Yup, we thought so, too! It’s a total road trip winner, right?
That’s why we put together this comprehensive Brisbane to Cairns itinerary, sharing the best attractions, roadside stops, and wildlife watching hot spots en-route. Whether it’s hiking in the Glass House Mountains, whale watching in Hervey Bay, kayaking 1770 at sunset, hanging with kangers in Cape Hillsborough, or diving into the Whitsundays, we’ve got the top tips to elevate your JUCY Compass trip. Plus, with JUCY, we allow you to travel one way (for a fee), so no need to backtrack from our Cairns to Brisbane branches... unless you want to!
It’s one helluva epic adventure – you game?
Get an Extra Serving of the Nom Noms: Melbourne to Sydney Foodie Roadie
Do you remember previous holidays from the foods you ate there rather than the sights you saw? Do you read the ‘where to eat’ section of a guidebook or website before you even consider if you’d like to visit? Do you have more selfies of exotic food than exotic locations? If you answered yes to any of these, we recommend you experience our Sydney to Melbourne food-focused road trip itinerary!
Sure, we’ll share the awesome attractions and destination must-dos. But you won’t be even close to hangry with the cool addition of local eats and treats. Plus, we share recommendations of where to buy fresh produce and artisanal delights to ensure your JUCY camper cooking experience is more MasterChef than a major flop.
Imagine yourself sampling the region’s best jam and scones or biting into bread so fresh it warms your hands as you carry it. How about sipping IPAs in craft breweries or sampling red at vineyards? Or waking up to coffee so good, you’d consider moving to that coastal town to have it daily. Plus, of course, fresh seafood and oyster recommendations, too.
Yum, we’re in. Are you?
Blue Sky Thinking: Road Trip Sydney to the Blue Mountains
Day trippers get a glimpse into the Blue Mountains; campers get to live, breathe, and feel it. It’s kinda like that time your mate said they “went to South Africa” when all they did was spend a day in downtown Jo’Burg. To experience the best of the Blueys, you need more than a day. Read this blog for the deets on a long weekend in the Blue Mountains.
The convenience of driving from our Sydney Airport branch out Katoomba way is only heightened by the compact nature of our Compass campervan. Your trip on your schedule, too easy. The JUCY Compass’ cruise control, ABS brakes, and compact size make it an ideal companion for trips that transition from city to mountain.
Once in the Blue Mountains, the iconic Three Sisters await, ready to be oohed, aahed, and snapped at in all its glory. Wentworth Falls is not to be missed, either, nor the 2-hour Prince Henry Track. Keen to find out more? Click here.
Far-Flung Adventure: Melbourne to the Fleurieu Peninsula
There’s no denying that it’s hard to spell Fleurieu, but that should not stop you from planning an epic road trip to South Australia’s Fleurieu Peninsula! Pick up your campervan hire (whether you choose our JUCY Compass or any other of our six models) at our Melbourne Airport or Melbourne City branch, then head west.
In this Melbourne to Fleurieu Peninsula blog, you’ll learn why Horseshoe Bay in Port Elliot is worth the drive alone. As well as which national park is filled with kangaroos and other Aussie critters, with the former chowing brekkie or supper beside your camper (if you’re lucky). Spoiler alert: sunset at Rapid Bay is not to be missed, either!
The Ancient Call of the Land: Tropical Far North Queensland
When you hear people describing Tropical Far North Queensland, you can’t help but feel the pull to go. Whether you’ve never popped your Daintree Rainforest cherry, have been to the far north a few times, or go regularly, it doesn’t matter. There is something about this exotic, lush, primal land that calls and calls until you go. For this reason, it’s one of our fave campervan destinations.
Why? Could it be the 180-million-year-old Daintree Rainforest that entices, with its verdant landscape, crystal-clear waters, and opportunities to connect with both flora and fauna? Or the gushing falls in Mossman Gorge? Or the ripe produce offered for sampling in the Atherton Tablelands? Whatever it is, you’ll be left feeling satiated but also yearning for more.
Free & Easy: Free Camping Australia
Did you know that you can free camp in Australia? And that being in a self-contained vehicle gives you maximum free camping options? Good job our JUCY Compass is fully self-contained and fits the bill, giving you the ultimate freedom to roam Australia. There are rules, of course, but we share them and more in our handy Free Camping guide.
Including what app to download so you can find out where to free camp (also known as freedom camping or wild camping). We give you the low-down on what facilities you might find, safety issues to consider, how to be a model free camper, and more.
Yeah, at JUCY, we don’t just save you money with our affordable rental rates, but we legit teach you where else you can save your travel cash, too! Less on the boring bits, more on the epic stuff!
Are you ready to book your JUCY Compass adventure? We can’t wait to show you how to Live JUCY! Fill your deets in the form to the right or give our friendly crew a call on 1800 150 850.