Small Hatch Car Rental
If hiring a small car is a priority - either to keep trip costs down or your on-the-road footprint tiny - consider our small hatch vehicles. You won’t be alone – it’s one of our most popular car categories!
Our small hatch car is a petite, automatic, 5-door hatch to whisk you from A-to-B. Whether you’re navigating a cityscape, going for a little adventure on the mountains, planning a north-to-south journey, or using it as a run-around while visiting family and friends, it’s a fun ride!
Do book early, though, as these small rental cars get locked in quickly thanks to their great pricing and size.
Included with the vehicle
- Unlimited kilometres
- AA breakdown assistance
Small in size but not in features, our compact rental cars have the essentials you need for a fun roadie.
All the cars in our Small Hatch range are 5-door hatch models with A/C, power steering, central locking, and airbags. Unless you’re the road-trip-Grinch, you’ll be pleased to know the FM radio cranks a tune, too.
As this is our compact model, you might want to ask only one buddy to join you, travelling long distance with a bunch of friends would make you… er… close, for sure. Plus, you’ll have more room for Kiwi souvenirs, if no one is hogging the little boot.
- Air conditioning
- CD Player
- FM Radio
- Power steering
- Central locking
- ABS brakes
- Unlimited kilometres
- AA breakdown assistance
|Body style||5-door hatch|
|Luggage||1 large, 1 small|
|Engine size||1.2-1.4 litre|
|Fuel usage||+/- 6L / 100km|
*If using a debit card, a $300 security bond is required even with Stress Free & Stress Free Plus.
- For hires of 51 days and over, a maximum of 50 days excess reduction premium will be charged.
- It is your responsibility to collect accurate third party details in the event of an accident, regardless of what excess reduction cover you have taken, and regardless also of fault.
- If Stress Free Plus excess reduction is not taken, and roof/rooftop pod damage or single vehicle rollover incident occurs, a charge of up to $5,000 will apply to cover damage to the JUCY vehicle and any third party vehicle and/or property.
- If Risk Taker excess reduction is chosen:
- A bond to cover the excess will be authorised for security on the hirer’s credit card, even if you have alternative insurance with another provider.
- All or part of this bond will be claimed by JUCY in the event of an accident and will be retained until the value of the damage is determined. Any balance between the bond and the damage cost will be returned as soon as is practical.
- Any costs to repair damage caused by a third party may not be recoverable as insurance is not compulsory in New Zealand.
- If you are on Stress Free or Stress Free plus and don't have a credit card and are providing a debit card at the time of pickup, JUCY will hold a $300 security bond to cover any infringements and/or charges that may occur whilst on hire e.g. Tolls, speeding fines, cleaning fees, camping fines etc.
- JUCY’s excess reduction options are null and void if any of the Rental Agreement terms and conditions are breached, in which case you will be liable for the full cost of damage. For more information please see JUCY T&Cs.
- Please know that the bond we have authorized will automatically be released (if you haven't broken any JUCY T&Cs) either 7 days after you've picked up or 48 hours after you've dropped off– whichever is the earliest. You could notice it takes between 7 - 30 business days to show back up, which is all depending on your bank/card provider. Please note that once it's back safely in your bank it won't appear as a refund on your statement because it was only held as an authorisation.
Other car options
Explore New Zealand in our small hatch cars
Maybe you like to keep your petrol costs down. Maybe you’re a fan of hiring a small car, so you don’t have to worry about the vehicle size on the road. Maybe you just love Suzuki Swifts (disclaimer: or similar). Whatever your reasons, you can’t go wrong with our Small Hatch cars.
The Small Hatch size is a winner for its fuel economy, ability to navigate narrow country roads, and for that moment when there’s only one tiny parking space available outside that popular coffee shop.
Added to that is the fact that you’re not scrimping on features. You’ve still got power steering, airbags, A/C, and the ease of central locking (who wants to turn a key these days, anyway?). The stereo will play one of New Zealand’s 28 FM stations or pop a CD in if you’ve time travelled here from 1998.
While there are five seatbelts, unless you’re all travelling light or you are basing yourself in one place, you might want to limit how many people ride with you. The boot is reasonably small (it’s a small car, after all) so keep that in mind when you’re making your booking.
Whatever your reason for hiring a small car, we’re on board to support you! Book online, or call our friendly crew on 0800 399 736.