Car Rental in Cairns
Queensland, as Australia’s second-largest state, is huge. In fact, it’s 22% of the Australian continent! Having a car gives you the freedom to travel your way.
At JUCY, we leave how you want to travel in your hands. Whether you’re looking for a low-cost ride, love a lot of legroom, or want to drive your buddies to an event, we’ve got you.
Plus, our Cairns branch is located only 10 minutes from the airport by our free shuttle bus service. Read further down the page to find out all the deets for picking up your JUCY car rental!
Contact JUCY Car Rentals Cairns
|Address:||55 Dutton Street, Portsmith, QLD 4870|
|Reservations:||1800 150 850|
|Hours:||09:00am - 04:00pm Monday to Friday|
|09:00am - 02:00pm Saturday and Sunday|
JUCY Car Rental Cairns is closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and New Year’s Day
JUCY cars in Cairns
As Cairns is the gateway to Queensland’s Tropical North, we know it’s the jumping-off point for many an adventure. Whether you’re planning on diving the Great Barrier Reef, sunning yourself on the region’s white sandy beaches, or heading into the Daintree Rainforest, we’re committed to getting you there quickly.
We do this by being close to the airport and the city, and by offering a free shuttle ride. Plus, our dedicated crew is as passionate about travel as you are and work quickly to get you in your JUCY wheels.
So, what are you driving? Our zippy Italian Small Hatch is the complete package if you’re looking for a great value, compact ride. Our Mid Hatch suits a family or friend roadie; though you may want to book a Sedan if you love legroom. For events, groups, and cool sing-a-long road trips, our 8 Seater is a fun car!
Whether you’re exploring Cairns or heading out to the region’s more faraway sights, we know you want to spend your time on your journey, not waiting for a car. That’s why we kick your JUCY experience off with a free airport shuttle ride.
Here’s what you need to do to get yours during our business hours:
- Once you’ve got your luggage, give us a call on 1800 150 850. Press 1 and follow the prompts, to book your spot. For both the domestic and international terminals, exit the airport and follow the signs to the courtesy coach pick up area. We’d say keep an eye out for our bus, but it’s green and purple, so it’s pretty hard to miss! Our last airport pick up is 3.30pm on weekdays and 1.30pm on weekends.
- If you’re already in town, it’s approximately $10 in an Uber, or you can reach us on foot in about 20 minutes.
If you’re arriving during our branch opening hours, our friendly JUCY crew will be ready and waiting.
Here’s the skinny on your rental car pick up:
- We offer a free airport shuttle – yay! Click the tab to the left to find out how to book your place on it.
- Once you’re at our branch, we’ll take you through the paperwork, car inspection, and any travel info you may need to help you on your way.
- Make sure you’re with us by 3.30pm on weekdays and 1.30pm on weekends for our last car check-in times.
After-Hours pick-up is unavailable until further notice.
Is it time to go? So soon! We’ll miss you but before you leave us, follow these steps to return your car:
- Drive to our Cairns branch at 55 Dutton Street, Portsmith. We recommend adding a 45-minute buffer to your journey time.
- Have you fueled up? If you have forgotten, as we are centrally located, there are plenty of petrol stations close by (Caltex Cairns Kenny Street, 30 – 36 Kenny Street, Cnr Bunda Street, Cairns City.
- Grab your luggage. Like, everything! Check in the many hidey-holes that we find so many travellers’ possessions. If you can remove any rubbish at the same time, we’d be stoked.
- You’re now ready to hand your car keys to our friendly crew. We don’t mind hearing a good traveller’s tale or two from the road if you’re keen to share your road trip highlights.
- If you’re heading to the airport, hop on our next free shuttle ride. Our last bus leaves at 3.30pm on weekdays and 1.30pm on weekends.
Dropping off out of hours? Read this (on a need-to-know basis):
- Drive to us at 55 Dutton Street, as above, fueling up on the way.
- Clear out your possessions (alllll of them), and check the windows are closed before locking your car. Drop your keys in the key return slot, located on the front of the building.
- You’ll need to coordinate your own travel arrangements from here. To the airport, it costs approximately $20 in an Uber. To Cairns centre, it’s around $10. You can also walk if you have minimal luggage.
Your JUCY hire car options
Your Cairns and Tropical North Queensland travel inspiration
Your Cairns and Tropical Queensland trip with JUCY
The far north of Queensland is usually high on an Australian visitor’s bucket list. Even on Aussie residents own wish list! Why? White sandy beaches, a world-famous reef, more adventure sports than you can shake the proverbial stick at, and daily wildlife spotting opportunities across the state. Hard to ignore the bait, huh?
Cairns is the obvious kicking off point for a regional roadie. With a large number of flights daily, a buzzing city vibe, and its central location amid the Tropical North’s main attractions, it makes sense to start here. That’s why we have a branch located between the airport and the city for your convenience.
We don’t only offer you a central location. Nope, we’re generous with our free airport shuttle bus and round-the-clock roadside assistance once you hit the tarmac. Plus, a fave JUCY feature is our unlimited mileage on all vehicles. No matter your budget, you’re not going to have to worry about how far and deep you go into Australia’s magic. We say ‘go for it!”
So, when to visit us? We welcome you year-round, of course, but if you’re looking for the best temps and least amount of rain, then a June to October vacay is best. If you’re planning on coming over Australia’s busiest season – summer – note that it pays to book as far in advance as you can. A lot of visitors choose to Live JUCY then!
Whether you’re in the early stages of trip planning or ready to book, our website is chock full of travel tips, inspiring itineraries, and information about our vehicles. Alternatively, give our team a call on 1800 150 850 to get all the info you need. We can’t wait to chat!